TEN ROSEY THINGS TO DO IN JANUARY
What can a rosarian do in the middle of winter? The answer is plenty. Here are ten rosey things I can come up with this time of the year.
1. Mark the sick and dying roses and chuck them in the trash bin.
2. Add more mulch to your rose beds to keep the weeds in check, maintain an even temperature and prevent premature growth in late winter or very early spring.
3. Give away unwanted good roses and replace with new introductions.
4. Cut down on the rose wish list to a manageable number.
5. Read your rose catalog but don’t get carried away with those gorgeous photographs and tantalizing descriptions.
6. Read some books on roses and rose articles in magazines.
7. Consider membership in the American Rose Society for yourself if you have not done so and/or membership in your local rose society. Charleston Lowcountry Rose Society if you live in the lowcountry area. Other local societies are listed in the American Rose Society website: www.ars.org.
8. If you are a member of a local rose society, invite someone who loves roses to come to your meeting. They might decide to become a member.
9. Call a fellow rosarian whom you have not seen for a while.
10. Design and plan your new rose bed.
Roses are not difficult to grow contrary to popular belief as long as you know what they need. Why do you think Roses have been around for millions of years? All they need are food, water and sunlight. Just like you and me.
We are constantly updating our contents so visit Rose Gardening World often. We want to help you grow Beautiful Roses and we welcome comments. Take time and smell the roses.
Happy Rose Gardening!
Check my other blogs:
·Visit my website
Join a local rose society
Join the American Rose Society